Make a Kooky Creature
WHAT YOU NEED:
â¢ PAPER TOWEL ROLLS â¢ PAINT AND BRUSH â¢ MASKING TAPE â¢ OLD BATH TOWELâ¨â¢ GOOGLY EYES â¢ CEREAL BOXâ¨â¢ GLUE OR GLUE GUN â¢ STAPLER â¢ SCISSORS
SKILLS: COLLABORATION, COMMUNICATION
1. Find an empty cereal or popcorn box and a few paper towel/toilet paper rolls. Any size will work. Pull togetherÂ other recycled things you can find around the house.
2. Lay out your creature parts. The paper rolls make great arms, legs and horns.
3. Tape the pieces of your creature together with masking tape. Use a lot of tape!
4. Paint your creature any color you imagine.
5. Add extra touches to your monster. For example, what about cotton balls for fur? Glue a googly eye or two on the monsterâs face. Does your monster have sharp teeth? What Â could you make these out of?
6. To make hair from an old bath towel, cut long strips of fabric. Staple or glue them to your creature.
Let it dry and go scare your mom!